All 25 art Reviews

Portrait of Amanda Seyfried Portrait of Amanda Seyfried

A very good job on color and tone! It's a great piece.

The only actual criticism I have is that, while some parts are intentionally left blurry (shoulders, hair, etc.) some parts of the drawing would have been much more interesting if you had used a sharper brush. The eyes, eyelashes, and the interior lining of the lips would have been more appealing with some sharper edges!

Great job nonetheless, and bigger props for doing it in under 3 hours!

Roxana Roxana

Excellent work. Very good shading and detailing, I'm especially fond of the veins and the work around the eyes.

I find the base of the mane to be slightly distracting and to be of unequal quality when compared to the rest of the drawing, but it's still quite good. It's hard to judge from the quality of the scan (or picture), but I think additional contrast in some areas, notably the bridle, would have worked out better. Try to keep the thickness of your lines constant!

Otherwise, excellent job once again!

Soronya responds:

First of all: Thank you for this detailed review :)
What you said about the mane: I really had some problems with it. It didn't turn out as I wanted it... I don't know why, but apparently I'm not good in drawing hair or mane... Have to practice, I know.
The problem is that this is a photo, cause I cannot scan A3 paper, it is too big. The contrast better turns out at the real drawing; there the mane is black and some other things are darker... I know, it sounds like a bad excuse, but it's true :D
I was a little bit afraid of drawing the bridle darker because I thought it would degrade the shadow... But maybe it wouldn't have done it... Well, I can't change it anymore, but you're right in saying, that it would have looked better.
The thickness of the lines is a problem I always have :D I do not want to draw outlines, but I need them for my conceptual design, so I have to erase them or try to use it as a shadow line (as I tried it by drawing the bridle).
And: Thank you for liking the eye (and the work around it)! :D While drawing, I never was happy with it and erased it a thousand times, just to draw it again... Additionally the eye never turned out as the one of the real horse looks like... I'm still not happy with it :D
So, thank you very much again and I have to say that I am really happy to get those compliments and 4.5 Stars of you because I always was fascinated by your artwork (:

Noxious Noxious

I really like it :) Great stuff right there!

Sourchest Infernal Sourchest Infernal

Very good stuff you have there! The coloring is nothing short of impeccable and it all comes together wonderfully. Keep it up! :)

Larwick responds:

Thanks!

No Sighing Tonight No Sighing Tonight

Great stuff Morthagg!

I absolutely love the flow of the action on the second row! Not to mention the impeccable artwork :)

Keep it uuuup!!

Leg Armor Study Leg Armor Study

Excellent study

Nobody seems to notice it, but you're one of the best artists around Newgrounds. Your technique is superb!

Now please reassure me, there was some reference involved in this, right?

thdark responds:

Hah, I can't agree with being anywhere near one of the best, but thank you!

And yes, of course.

Male body Male body

Simply wonderful.

Excellent work. I have nothing more to say.

Commish Info Commish Info

Hmm

You're working for peanuts...

You set those prices way too cheap. You would gain a lot more by working on your own portfolio, spending a lot of time to showcase what you can do best, then let the commissions come.

The quality of your works should already allow you to ask for more... I ask for much more than that when I do commission work!

Wormworldsaga Fanart Wormworldsaga Fanart

Excellent work!!

This is very, very good stuff! Masterful work with colors and textures. Keep it up!

Infectious Desire Poster Infectious Desire Poster

Excellent!

Impressive work! You did a great job with textures, the skin tones are great as well. The proportions are flawless, which is rarely seen in this kind of painting. The blue values add to the composition without removing the focus from the image.

I rarely rate drawings as perfect 10s, but this one does deserve it. Keep it up!

Zigan responds:

Thank you, much appreciated!